Tuesday, July 31, 2012

August NaHaiWriMo

My participation in Nahaiwrimo for the month of July as well as the past few months has been only sporadic, due to many extraneous reasons and I was only beginning to wonder about my plans for August, when i came upon this announcement : 31 different prompters for the month of August.
I was hooked immediately. And i think, so would be you if you read this.

Though i am doubtful how far i'd be able to keep to my commitment of writing a haiku throughout this month, I sure am going to give it a try.Not only it gives me an opportunity to rejuvenate my flagging creativity, but it is also going to be exciting to guess each day who is going to be the next prompter! We are sure to have Cara Holman one of these days! Is Melissa Allen going to be there too? I hope she is! Haiku Elvis (Carlos Colon)? And who else , apart from the past prompters?

Kudos to Michael Dylan Welch for coming up with new ideas which keeps this site so lively and buzzing all the time!

So don't just stand on the sidelines...join me on NaHaiWriMo starting tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I totally agree. I also joined NaHaiWriMo this month (despite a super busy schedule) because of the different prompters idea. I'm so excited to find out what the prompt is everyday. Glad to see we're in mid-august and you are still writing. Keep going!